You have nothing to lose but your shortness!
We would like you to try Elevator insoles at our risk. We are so sure that you will be happy with the results Elevator insoles will give you that we are offering it with an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee. Try it for 30 days and if you, for whatever reason, feel that the insoles do not meet your expectations simply return the insoles to us and we will send you a refund—no questions asked!
Chat With Us!
HOW TO DRESS RIGHT AND LOOK TALLER
Have you ever wondered how some short actors/celebrities appear average to even tall in height despite their short stature? Surely, the designer suits they wear help them look taller. But the main reason why they look so good, in fact, is because they know what to wear and how to wear it.
The same principle applies to extremely tall movie stars; they need to be careful and select clothes that don't make them appear lanky. So, whether you're extremely short or tall, these fashion tips can help you look taller with the help of illusion.
Before we start with the fashion advice, the following are some simple yet often overlooked tips that can help you appear taller:
- Maintaining good posture is essential if you desire maximum height potential. Always sit with your back straight and stand proud with your head up high at all times. A slouched stance will only make you look shorter, not to mention boring and insecure.
- Visually add inches with your crowning glory. As a general rule, short hair works best for shorter men. Long hair tends to hide the neck and shoulders, making your head and body look like one body part, which doesn't help you look taller. Put some gel onto your (short) bangs and pull it up for that spike look. Not only will this add a few inches to your height but you look younger too! Ask you hairstylist for help if needed.
- One more tip to maximize your stature is to stay fit and trim at all times. Big muscular men tend to look broader and stubbier, but staying lean and having some muscle tone (such as built, defined shoulders) can help add some height to your overall frame.
FASHION TIPS FOR SHORTER MEN
Follow these simple tips to look a few inches taller than you really are:
- Sporting a simple wardrobe avoids you from standing out in a crowd.
- Whether it's a shirt, jacket, polo shirt or a pair of pants, stay away from designs and patterns because they break up your clothes vertical lines that make you look taller.
- When choosing pants, stick to slim fit or classic. Wide fit may make you look even shorter.
- Go for suits, shirts, pants with vertical lines they will make you look taller.
- Your top and bottom should be of the same color or shade. For example, if you're wearing khaki jeans, wearing a khaki colored shirt will make you look tallest however if this is not possible a similar shaded shirt is better than one with a different color.
- Fit is very important - shirts, pants need to fit perfectly; wearing something tight or loose will emphasize your physical flaw.
More dos and don'ts:
- Jackets and blazers should fall slightly below your buttocks.
- Avoid wearing jackets, blazers with more than 3 buttons; these will make you look shorter.
- Don't wear your trousers too high. Wear them just above your hips for best results.
- Stay away from low-rise pants (a short distance between the crotch of your pants and the top of the waistband).
- Avoid any kind of puckering around the hips caused by full pockets, or tight and badly designed pants. They will make you look wider and shorter.
- Wear long enough pants just above your shoes so your socks don't show.
- V-neck's make your upper body look longer.
- Baggy tops are no-no because they will make you look like a box (wide and short).
GENERAL STYLING TIPS
Wear vertical stripes
Anything that elongates your height is a good thing. For example, vertical stripes in clothing can help extend the look of your shorter body. Patterns such as pinstripe, chalkstripe and herringbone also offer that "vertical" effect. Note: Steer clear of plaid and checked shirts.
Wear one color
Wearing a shirt and pants in the same color will prevent obvious breaks in your natural frame, and as a result can give the illusion that you're taller.
Opt for dark shades & light fabrics
In addition, dark colors, especially black, tend to have a slimming effect and help shorter men seem more elongated. The same applies to light or medium-weight fabrics. Heavier fabrics, on the other hand, tend to make you look bulkier and shorter.
FROM THE FEET UP
One way to elevate your stature fashionably and secretly is by wearing height-increasing insoles like Elevator insoles. These can all easily add a few inches to your height.
Shopping tip: When shopping for shoes, try sticking to bulkier styles so that your feet don't look too small.
Also, when wearing a sports jacket, make sure there's as little contrast between your jacket and trousers as possible, to maintain the natural vertical lines. Center and side vents also add the effect of a prolonged vertical line.
Avoid turtlenecks they can make you look stumpy, as they conceal your neck.
Look for formfitting shirts in order to avoid excess fabric when tucking them in and opt for point collars instead of spreads. Finally, keep in mind that tucking in your shirt can place the emphasis on your legs and torso, which might make you look shorter.
Shopping tip: Shortening the length of a shirt is generally easier than reducing the length of its sleeves, so make sure the shirt fits properly around your shoulders and body, first and foremost. If it does, then you can have the overall length and the sleeves adjusted.
Do not wear your pants too high; you should wear them just above your hips. Also, avoid wearing low-rise pants (even if they are the trendier alternative), as they tend to make legs look shorter than they already are.
Shopping tip: If you can't find any pants that fit properly, you can always have them custom-made or visit a specialty store near you.
Look taller in pictures
Pictures are viewed many times and by many people and believe me they leave a lasting impression ("I'm sure Ted is taller than Fred I remember that picture taken in..."). Besides that, pictures are permanent so it is wise to look tallest when the camera flashes.
Here's how to make a lasting "tall" impression...
Stay away from the center were you will look the shortest.
Follow this simple rule: objects or people closer to the camera appear larger even though they are not in real life. This means if there are more than one row try to be in the front row where you will look taller. If you want to be taller than people in the same row be two to four inches closer to camera than them and you will be surprised with the results!
Be taller on the streets
Streets, pavements, sidewalks are rarely level and flat. There is always a low and high side. Always walk on the higher side of the street and experience towering over others. Be astonished that you're not so short after all! Even people 3 inches taller than you look not that tall anymore!
Gain 1-2" while you sleep
Here's a guaranteed way to increase the length of your spine:
Instead of sleeping on your side or chest, sleep on your back every night and try to maintain that position all through the night. This sleep position stretches the spine. Measure your height before you go to bed and you'll be surprised that you are 1-2 inches taller when you wake up in the morning. For some, this may be a little difficult in the beginning and may take a few weeks to get used to. This is very normal and in time your body will get used to it. For even better results, stretch (on your bed) before going to sleep and once you wake up. A flatter pillow is better than a bulky one.